With a newly born baby, there comes the huge responsibility of taking care of them as well. Since their immunity to fight against diseases is not that strong, they can catch problems with their health too often. These problems, however, might not be life-threatening, but they can give your baby serious problems if they are not treated quickly.
We will, today highlight some of the diseases that can make your baby restless.
1) Dengue: Being a parent, this disease will always scare you for your child. The bite of an Aedes mosquito is the main cause of Dengue disease. The symptoms that can be seen in babies for this disease are sudden high fever, vomiting, nausea etc. Since the symptoms of dengue are not eminent, dengue is often confused with other viral infections in babies.
2) Jaundice: One of the most common diseases among newborns, Jaundice can happen within 2-3 days of birth. During this disease, the color of the skin becomes yellow. Jaundice normally appears first on the face and then spreads out to rest of the body parts. If Jaundice is suspected, you should immediately approach the doctor. Jaundice develops in babies when their liver isn’t efficient to remove bilirubin from the bloodstream.
3) Cough: Coughing is a method which body uses to keep the airways clear. If your baby is less than 4 months old, then it can turn into serious disease. There are chances of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), a dangerous infection for infants.
4) Headache: You probably can’t ask your baby how much severe is a headache but if he stops eating properly or can’t play, there are chances that the baby is suffering from a headache. A headache, when combined with vomiting, is serious symptoms of many viral diseases.
5) Food Poisoning: Your child might have eaten something which his stomach could not digest, there are chances that food poisoning has hit the stomach. Symptoms may be vomiting many times in a single day. He may need urgent medical attention.
6) Rashes: If your baby has tiny red dots on the chest, arms, back, or any other part of the body that don’t fade when you press on them, then you need to visit the doctor immediately since they indicate a serious infection.
7) Diarrhea: If your baby isn’t peeing and you see dry diapers, the symptoms are of Diarrhea. Since the immunity of the newborn is really less, this disease can be easily caught by them.