Your body needs a lot of protein to be healthy and fit. To be precise, you must take 1.5 times protein of whatever your body weight is. For example, if your body weight is 60kg, you must take at least 90g protein every day to keep your body healthy and active. The body cannot get this much amount of protein by eating regular food that we eat. In addition, we need to eat food that has high nutritional value. There could be more trouble if you are purely vegetarian since vegetarian food has a limited amount of protein. Below you will find some of the best vegetarian protein foods.
In this blog, we will list some of the foods that carry high nutritional value and are vegetarian as well.
- Kidney beans: Kidney beans are high in proteins, carbohydrates, and fiber. They are also a good source of, vitamin B1, iron, potassium, and magnesium etc. It also prevents blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly after the meal. It is also a source of fat-free high-quality
- Green peas: Green peas not only has high nutritional values but also has health-protective polyphenol which prevents stomach cancer. It also gives high energy and has an anti-aging phenomenon and also prevents many heart diseases.
- Milk: Milk basically has 2 types of proteins; whey and casein. Both of them have essential amino acids to provide support to the body. Milk also has vitamin D, A, B2, and B12. Skim milk is a good choice for men who are looking to add muscle mass. The products made with milk are also high source of protein
- Soybeans: Often referred as meat without bones, soybeans is one of the most protein-rich Soybeans also contain antioxidants and have various health benefits. Soybeans are mainly composed of protein, but also have good amounts of carbs & fat.
- Mushrooms: As compared to the food mentioned above, mushroom contains less amount of proteins but it is an essential component of anyone’s food which wishes to go for purely vegetarian protein sources.