The kidney is the most important organ of the body. There are 2 kidneys in your body. Each kidney contains nephrons which help out in filtering your blood. Kidneys help in maintaining the right balance of salt and minerals in the blood. Kidneys also control the blood pressure in your body. When something happens to this part of the body, expressions of the body change rapidly.
Kidney damage doesn’t happen overnight. It takes place slowly due to diabetes or high blood pressure. This is known as chronic kidney disease (CKD). CKD damages the nephrons slowly over several years and due to this damage, kidneys are unable to remove wastes.
The different kidney problems include
- Kidney stones: Kidney stones are one of the most painful condition.. Kidney stones happen because of accumulation of solid masses made of crystals. Symptoms of kidney stones are not seen until the stone move down to the ureters.
Symptoms of kidney stone include
- Blood in the urine etc.
Diagnosis of kidney stones requires many blood tests and urinalysis.
- Kidney Infection: During kidney infection, bacteria may develop which spreads from the bladder to one of the kidneys, infecting it.
Symptoms of Kidney infection includes:
- Back pain
In most cases, antibiotics can easily treat kidney infections.
- Kidney Cancer: Kidney cancer is a disease in which kidney cells grow out of control and form a tumor. These tumors can grow large before they are detected. Kidney cancer may occur because of factors like smoking, Obesity or high blood pressure etc.
Symptoms of Kidney cancer:
- Blood in the urine
- Weight loss
- Anemia etc.
How to keep Kidneys healthy?
Since kidneys do so much for our body, it is important to do every bit so that they always remain healthy. You can try below things for it.
- Keeping sugar level under control
- Do more physical activities
- Eating healthy food.
- Managing blood pressure.