Pregnancy needs care. It is not a simple task to give birth to a child. Every single decision is important. Usually, from the month two, the rate of metabolism of a mother increases and this will lead to dehydration. Therefore, a mother needs to drink more and more water or other liquids. However, what are the best to drink and not to drink are preferred during pregnancy care is the question? Here are a few tips that explain about the drinks to take during pregnancy.
- This is the basic and most important fluid that is available naturally and abundant. In the normal state, simply breath in and breath out will consume more than half a liter of water a day. Therefore, a pregnant woman must drink more and more water. As you are developing a baby inside your body, it needs more blood. This excess blood will help in carrying the nutrients to the developing baby. During this period, the women health issues may also get affected. So taking large amounts of water can help.
- Drinking eight glasses of water will help in flushing all the toxin wastes that are released by the mother body and from the baby inside.
- Water will help in cleaning and clearing the tracks and avoids any bacterial infections for both mother and the baby. So, carry a bottle of water wherever you go and make sure you are drinking it in the right quantity. Other artificial drinks can also affect your health.
- Milk contains calcium and this is good for bones. Therefore, you can have a cup of milk before going to bed or during the day.
- It is good for health you take the right quantity. Higher amounts will increase the dehydration. So, control the caffeine intake. Because caffeine has a character to obstruct the rate of absorption of iron into the body. The related problems in the baby are like birth weight will be low and the heartbeat and the pressure of the blood will increase.
- This is the most dangerous fluid to take in during pregnancy. This affects the kid’s health. Sometimes the kid’s health gets the affects like nervous disorders and other birth defects. Alcohol can show adverse effects on the growth of the baby organs. This is because the drinks you take will affect the placenta.
- Smoking will also show some effects like irregular or reduced supply of the oxygen and also the required nutrients to the growing baby. Both drinking and smoking can result in an early birth or premature birth and the baby will be born with lesser weight. Alcohol is very bad for the neural system of the child growing inside.
- Drinking herbal tea is suggested as they contain negligible or no amounts of caffeine. You can have some black tea and keep an eye on the herbs that can bring new complications. Green tea is not suggested for pregnant women as it can interfere the growth of the fetus.