Sexually transmitted diseases are the ones that are transferred from one person to another through intimate contact. They are the most common diseases among generation these days. It can even pass from a mother to a child during birth. There are more than 25 kind of bacteria’s that are transferred via sex.
Most of the time, STD affect the sexual parts of the body and other parts of reproductive system. If they are not taken care immediately, they can make your reproductive system infertile.
So, what are the symptoms of Sexually transmitted diseases? Well, symptoms vary from gender to gender. Some are less harmful diseases and some are really harmful.
We have listed down a few below for you.
Diseases and symptoms of STD’s:
- Hepatitis B: Caused by the hepatitis B virus, this disease causes a dangerous inflammation of the liver. It even spreads by coming into contact with the blood or bodily fluids of a person who is infected with the virus.
Symptoms it shows: Cold or Flu, Low fever, Jaundice, loss of hungriness.
- Gonorrhea: This disease gets transmitted during anal or oral sex with a man or woman who has been infected. Detecting this disease is extremely difficult since it shows very few symptoms.
Symptoms it shows: Pain while urination, swollen testicles
- Syphilis: This is one of the most dangerous disease among men that is prevalent from older times because of its link to HIV. This disease starts affecting men reproductive system in phases with each one having different symptoms.
Symptoms it shows: Headache, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes
- Chlamydia: Transmitted during anal, oral, or vaginal sex with someone who is infected with chlamydia. This is one of the most dangerous diseases. Minimal symptoms are shown if a person is suffering from Chlamydia.
Symptoms it shows: penile discharge, swollen testicles
· Human Papillomavirus: This disease comprise of group of viruses that has more than 100 strains out of which 40 are really harmful. It is one of the most common STD.
Symptoms it shows: warts in the mouth, genital warts
Some other symptoms for women include Itching in area, pain during sex, abnormal bleeding, Sores or tiny pimples around the mouth.