Whenever you come to know that you are pregnant, you need to start taking care of your health both physically and mentally. Problem free pregnancy from you can give birth to a baby who is healthy.
There are few things that can be done at the time of pregnancy if taken care of, can improve your health and your baby’s health as well. By taking care, you can also avoid risks which can complicate or terminate the pregnancy.
If you follow the few simple guidelines below, you should can problem-free pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Diet: When you are pregnant, your diet should be adequate and nutritious. Adding extra calories to your food daily is enough to provide nourishment for both. Your diet should include fresh fruits, grains, and vegetables. Plenty of carbohydrates, such as bread, pasta, and rice, as the basis of your meals.
- Pregnancy and Safe Sex: You need, to be honest with your partner while you are pregnant. Since HIV and many other sexual infections spread through sexual activity, make sure that either you don’t engage in sex or have safe sex. Also, certain problems can occur during pregnancy that put the fetus at risk for premature delivery.
- Do not use drugs blindly: While you are pregnant, you should take care every drug consciously. Consume only that drug which has been recommended by the doctor.
- Do not drink Alcohol: Alcohol reaches your baby through your bloodstream, crossing the placenta, and can result in higher levels of blood alcohol than you have.
- 5. Travel during pregnancy: Whenever pregnant women travel, utmost care has to be taken. The travel time should not be more than 6 hours.
- 6. Physical activity: Work that involves lot of physical activity has to be reduced during pregnancy time. Also, whenever you do some work which involves such activity, you need to take a lot of care so that you should not get any injury.
- Exercise: Regular exercise can build strength and endurance in you which will help you carry extra weight. This will also help in getting fit after the pregnancy.
- Stop Smoking: Smoking can cause problems such as miscarriage, premature birth, and low birth weight.
- Avoid Negative Thoughts and Actions: Avoid negative thoughts during pregnancy, they are neither good for you, nor for your baby.
- Check Your Immunity to German measles: German measles can lead to miscarriages and fetal deformities.