The liver is one of the most important parts of the body. The liver helps in digesting the food in the body. It also absorbs nutrients and eliminates many toxic substances from the body. To sum up, it is an organ which you can’t live without.
Now, when its importance to the body is known, it is equally important to take care of this important abdominal organ. Else, it can become the target of many harmful diseases like Cirrhosis.
You can prevent the harmful diseases if you see below symptoms:
1) Jaundice: The colour of the skin and eyes become discoloured and a pigment known as bilirubin starts getting accumulated in the blood and also it doesn’t come out as waste from the body which leads to full body itching.
2) Change in Urine colour: You may see a change in the color of urine to dark yellow or brown. This happens due to increase in the level of Bilirubin in the blood. Our body finds difficulty in eliminating this as a waste. The excessive amount of Bilirubin can cause toxicity in the body.
3) Swelling in the legs: When liver dysfunction happens, fewer proteins are produced and fluid starts getting accumulated in the legs causing swelling. Some people also observe itching.
4) Swelling in abdominal parts: Disease known as Cirrhosis causes fluid to build up in the body. If measures are not taken up immediately, the condition of the liver transplant can also arise.
5) Low appetite: One of the mild symptoms of liver damage is low appetite. A person starts eating lesser food regularly.
6) Strange Coloured Elimination – Pale, bloody or tar-coloured stool and/or dark coloured urine.
7) Side effects with medications: Your body is unable to get healed with medications. Any medicine you take results in side effects.
8) Difficulty in concentrating and memory loss: A person finds difficulties in concentrating on work and also forgets things easily.
9) Sleep Disturbance: A person is unable to sleep on regular basis might indicate that he is having liver problem.
10) Severe itching, weakness and vitamin deficiency.
While it is important that you should consult a doctor if you encountered above symptoms, it is equally important to be diagnosed as early as possible since it will be easy to prevent its progression.
Liver damage can include anything from toxicity to a long-term disease. Do take care.